- Rocket leaves (picked and washed)
- Red onion (halved and thinly sliced )
- A few capers (drained)
Grain mustard & honey dressing :
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons rapeseed oil or a good quality vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Honey, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Mix the vinegar and mustard together.
- Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking all the time to amalgamate together to create an emulation. (Liquid and oil combined together)
- Add the honey a squeeze of lemon salt and pepper and the chives.
- Season to taste and adjust, if it is too sharp add more honey or a pinch of sugar/ to sweet add more lemon juice or vinegar.
Gently toss the rocket leaves, red onion and capers in a little vegetable oil.
Place on a serving dish or plates, ruffle the M&S lemon & pepper oak smoked salmon around the salad, dress with the wholegrain mustard and honey dressing, garnish with a wedge of lemon, buttered brown bread and enjoy!