- 150g hot smoked salmon fillets (use flavoured ones for extra flavour in your fishcakes), broken into large pieces
- 50g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 200g cooked potatoes, roughly mashed (great for using up leftover mash)
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g plain flour, seasoned with salt and cracked black pepper
- 100g breadcrumbs (use stale bread for best results)
- Combine the hot smoked salmon, smoked salmon, potatoes, lemon juice and parsley in a bowl.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 4 equal sized fish cakes, then place onto a baking tray and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Place the eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in separate dishes, then remove fishcakes from fridge. Dip each fishcake in the eggs, then flour, then breadcrumbs, ensuring it is fully coated at each step.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, and fry the fishcakes over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
N.B. If you plan to freeze the fishcakes, do this at the end of Step 3. Place them on parchment paper on a baking tray and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, defrost them overnight then continue with Step 4.