1. Bring the stock to the boil and keep it hot.
2. Into a suitable pan add half of the butter (10g),sweat off the onions until they are soft and translucent.
3. Add the washed rice, stir until we’ll coated in the butter.
4. Add the white wine and reduce. (This will remove any bitter notes from the alcohol).
5.Take a small ladle of the hot stock and pour onto the rice.
6.Continue to stir until all the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Repeat the process until the rice has swollen and is nearly tender.
8. The rice should not be to soft nor should it be under cooked and chalky. (The rice should have a light bite to it’s texture).
9. Depending on the rice,this should take approximately 20 minutes to cook.
10. When ready to serve, add the remaining butter (10g) and the grated Parmesan cheese.
11. Add the peas and the asparagus, season and cover for a few minutes.
12. Drizzle with a little olive oil