Whisky Smoked Salmon, Pea & Asparagus Risotto
- 400ml stock vegetable or chicken
- 20g butter
- 20ml white wine
- 50g finely chopped onion
- 30g blanched asparagus tips
- 30g blanched peas
- 60g Arborio/ Carnaroli rice
- 20g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt / pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil and keep it hot.
- Into a suitable pan add half of the butter (10g),sweat off the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the washed rice, stir until we’ll coated in the butter.
- Add the white wine and reduce. (This will remove any bitter notes from the alcohol).
- Take a small ladle of the hot stock and pour onto the rice.
- Continue to stir until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Repeat the process until the rice has swollen and is nearly tender.
- The rice should not be to soft nor should it be under cooked and chalky. (The rice should have a light bite to it’s texture).
- Depending on the rice,this should take approximately 20 minutes to cook.
- When ready to serve, add the remaining butter (10g) and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add the peas and the asparagus, season and cover for a few minutes.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil